Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fashion Week Los Angeles: Day 1

I had the great opportunity to attend the LA Fashion Council Fashion Week in downtown LA. It was located at Maker City LA at The Reef and I was greatly impressed with the different shows that I attended. For some reason I expected collections that would not be finished or cohesive, completely blown away. I can honestly say I walked away with some favorite designers to follow. Below are my personal photos and overview of some of the shows I attended. Please follow LA Fashion Council (@lafashcouncil) on social media and online to get a comprehensive review of all the shows.

Sania Josiah

Sania Josiah is a recent grad from FIDM and the winner of Los Angeles Fashion Council's Open Runway Season two 2014. She is from West Africa and her heritage was the inspiration for her collection. There was a great leather jacket that was presented that made my jaw drop, but was not able to grab a good photo of it. Follow and see more images @_SJosiah_.






William Bradley

The Spring/Summer 2015 collection is inspired by Pablo Picasso's "The Blind Man's Meal". It oozed sophistication. Since moving from Alabama to Los Angeles, partners Brad Parnell and Rodney Jones have really found their focus on their collection. I loved his collection! It featured a great white tulle skirt with black feather accents that I'm completely drooling over. For images of the collection follow @_williambradley and visit www.williambradleycollection.com.




Stella Proseyn

Designer Debbie Talanian had great ready to wear pieces that you can immediately see yourself wearing. 
I really love skirts and this simple black skirt with the underlying textures was one of my favorites! The line was inspired by art and architecture. To see more great images follow @stellaproseyn and visit  www.stellaproseyn.com.




ODYLYNE: The Ceremony

Los Angeles based Stephanie Lampkin is the fashion designer of Odylyne.  The collection was a modern take on bohemian chic and vintage styles. ODYLYNE: The Ceremony will showcase a variety of wedding and bridesmaids dresses in hand dyed silks to foiled laces and will also offer a beautiful "honeymoon" resort collection. For "The Romantics Collection", Lampkin worked closely with Kate Thompson of Amaroq. The collection was inspired by the Romantic Art Movement from the 1800's.

I really appreciated the use of classic fabrics in modern silhouettes. The best example of this is the crop top/skirt ensemble below. I also love that the classic head pieces were tossed out of the window. The use of such different and distinct headpieces is refreshing for the bridal industry. To see more of the collection and images follow @odylyne.





Stay tuned for my day two recap of Fashion Week LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment