Sunday, August 31, 2014

Maxi-mizing Your Wardrobe

Happy Labor Day Weekend! I hope you aren't working, but if you are then thank you for going to work!

I have been away for awhile as I've been getting a little busier in LA, but I would love to do a blogpost series for the fall. There are many pieces that can transition from summer to fall, so I'll give you some tips on stretching your wardrobe with specific items. I would like to thank Emily for the request!

Maxi dresses are a great summer staple. They are also great, because they are very versatile in what situations you can wear them. A floppy hat, sandals, and a belt would be the ideal summer look for the dress, so below I've put in some examples on how to transition it into fall. 

1. Will the print work for fall? 

Summer is full of bright colors and bold patterns. To turn down the print pick the darkest color of the pattern and pick your accessories around that. For example, below the darkest color in the dress was black so I accessorized with black pieces that are appropriate for the season. If the dress only has a bright colors in the pattern, then it will most likely not work for fall. 

2. Will the fabric work?

If you have a really sheer fabric, then it may not work. Make sure that the dress is cotton and that you won't freeze in it, if it's really chilly outside. If you REALLY want to wear it, then wear tights with a fleece lining and wear boots.... now you're set. 

3. Accessorize

To really get away with the look ensure that your accessories work for the fall. I really like making the dress edgy with a motorcycle jacket. Also, layering a sweater over the dress and wearing the belt on the outside to cinch your waist for a more casual is a great option. 

Try out the trend this fall and tag me (@rosanybrown) in your comments on Instagram! I would love to see what looks you've created. 
Maxi-mizing Your Wardrobe

Maxi-mizing Your Wardrobe by rosanybrown featuring a wool fedora

Follow me on social media to know what next summer item I will help you transition into fall. Comment below for any requests. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment