Monday, July 7, 2014

Flats vs. Flats



I'm turning 25 on Friday! I am very excited that I have achieved so much by now and there is so much more to come, but am I the only one that notices aches and pains around birthdays? I immediately think "I'm getting old! My back is killing me!"

I have been having serious lower back pain, to the point I have to lay down. Like I said I'm turning 25, not 65. So why is this happening?! I immediately turned to my shoes. Since moving out to California I've been working in retail while I blog and intern. I'm on my feet constantly moving for hours at a time, so I turn to flats for work. 

I usually wear my favorite Steve Madden flats in smokey gray, but after a few hours my feet start hurting due to no support. I've worked in a shoe store before, so I'm aware what shoes are comfortable (Clark's & Dr. Scholl's) and older adults know too. They are just not fashionable shoes.

I decided to experiment and tried wearing my peep toe Croc flats to work. My feet thanked me and at the end of my shift my back thanked me as well. I'm not saying you need to wear these shoes out, I'm just saying there is no need to wreck your body at work or when you're doing something for long periods of time. Listen to your body and you will know what you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment