Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Canals & Jail Cells

I spent last Friday in the downtown Los Angeles area visiting the L.A. Fashion District and The Last Bookstore with my husband. We only visited Santee Alley in the fashion district, which reminded me very much of Canal street in Manhattan. It was like having a little piece of home, since my husband and I visited to the city when we had the chance.

What is common about both locations is that they reside in a state that is extremely proud of their identity. New York themed items everywhere and the fashion district has tons of California t-shirts and tanks, which was fantastic! There were so many great items in the shops and all at affordable prices. Many great accessories and shoes on sale! I will definitely be returning, since I was only browsing this time around.

I'm pretty much obsessed with my denim cut offs! I honestly cannot handle the daisy dukes that are so short it makes it look like you're wearing a denim diaper. It was pretty warm so I wore a light blouse, a cross body bag to have my hands free to pick up items as I window shipped.

All the links to similar outfit items are at the bottom of the post.

 

Thanks to DJ Black Rabbit for the photo above! 




The Last Bookstore was a really cool find! There were really neat displays throughout the store, as seen below, and the murder/mystery books were in a bank vaulet that felt like a jail cell. They even have a room where all of the books are $1! There's also a vinyl section, along with small shops on the second floor. If you are in the area, it is a definite must! 453 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013




Buy or Window Shop Similar Items Below!

Remember to never stop dreaming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment